NBA Finals is heating up, we know it. But if you are a Suns fan or a fan of 27 other teams watching the game. You might be wondering, when will this be over? Can you do me a favor? Just wake me up when October ends.
Today I will feature one great athlete. We knew his story. We knew how good he is. Maybe ten years from now NBA will name an award to honor him. Yes “Grant Hill Oldies Award”. Fila, Sprite, McDonalds what else? He is a superstar back then. Yes he is, for six short years.
It’s not a question that Grant will play next season. The probability that he will play in Phoenix is higher than any other team. Sorry Detroit, sorry New York. Grant Hill recently talked about why he and other NBA stars taped a PSA addressing the use of anti-gay language. Check it out.
What are the ten great things Grant Hill will achieve next season?
· Grant will tally his 1,200th career steals. That will be 2,065 away on John Stockton’s record and 408 away from Mark Jackson which is 25th all-time. Grant needed 4 games to do this (on my opinion). Grant currently has 1,196.
· Grant will tally his 6,000th career rebounds. That will be 17,924 away from Wilt Chamberlain’s record and 5,463 on Elgin Baylor which is 25th all-time. Grant needed 13 games to do this. Grant currently has 5,949.
· Grant will tally his 17,000th career points. That will be 21,387 away from Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s record and 5,195 on Clyde Drexler which is 25th all-time. Grant needed 38 games to do this. Grant currently has 16,545.
· Grant will play his 16th season and he will be the 2nd oldest active NBA player behind Kurt Thomas.
· Grant will tally his 1,000th game next season. He needed 52 games to reach it. Who would have thought?
· Grant will have another chance to make the 1st or 2nd NBA All-defensive team. Not just NBA All-Snubbed-team.
· The greatest is Grant will have another chance on his first ever NBA championship ring.
Do we really need three more things from Grant? It’s only seven but seven is enough to such a great person like Grant. Ayt?